I started a tradition last year of compiling a list of some of my favorite lists at the end of the year. This year I’ve decided to alternate the items between subjects relevant to The Essay Expert’s favorite topics of discussion and those of more general or flighty interest. You’ll find lists here on topics from creating a powerful year ahead to brain teasers, LinkedIn statistics, CEO fiascos, and, yes, even cat videos. Have fun!
- Change Your Thinking, Change Your Results. This list of questions will give you a valuable baseline from which to start your year. You can ask these questions of yourself now, then in another 3 months, 6 months, etc. How do you rate yourself now? How do you want to rate yourself? And what will it take to get there? I’d recommend partnering with an accountability buddy on this one!
- Top 10 Visual Illusions. What can I say… I love this stuff! My eyes were tricked by some of them! But I did find the baby in #10.
- 29 New Year’s Resolution Ideas – Make 2016 Your Best Year Ever. The resolutions on this list are as simple as “enjoy the little things” and are sure to improve your mental and physical well-being if you commit to them! They come along with links to sites that will support you in your goals. Choose one or two that speak to you and make 2016 truly your best year ever.
- The Worst CEO Screw-Ups of 2015. Susan Adams is one of my favorite bloggers and I recently discovered her yearly run-down of CEO screw-ups. From drug companies to auto companies to Yahoo, the egregious errors abound.
- By the Numbers: 125+ Amazing LinkedIn Statistics. This one is an encore from last year, updated for 2015! LinkedIn is up to 400 million users. Full disclosure: Most of the statistics here are from previous years, but I still like them anyway.
- 20 Alternative Uses For Common Household Items. Did you know that petroleum jelly can keep your car doors from freezing shut and that raw honey is an antibiotic? I am sharing this one again since I forgot half the tips since last year!
- Top 100 Best Places to Live. My city, Madison, WI, dropped from #1 to #3, but I still like this list!! Rochester, MN is #1 – who knew? If you’re considering a move in the next year, this list might inform your decision.
- Tips for “Beginning” Bloggers. I put “Beginning” in quotes because this list applies to all bloggers, no matter how long they’ve been blogging! Are you thinking of starting a blog, or feeling stuck with writing a current one? Either way, this list is for you.
- Top 10 Job Search Predictions for 2016. From predictions about millennials to trends in mobile and video recruitment, this article paints a picture of the job search landscape for the coming year.
- Funny Cats Compilation of 2015. Really, what would a top 10 list be without a cat video entry? I happen to find falling people and animals very funny, as long as no one gets hurt. So these got a good chuckle out of me!
What’s your favorite list from 2015? Please share! And if you have candidates for the list as 2016 unfolds, please send them my way!