This is the time of year where typically I share LinkedIn’s list for the past year of overused buzzwords. Sadly, no such list has been issued this year. While one enthusiastic reader encouraged me to create my own list, I don’t have the analytical tools to discern the most popular words and phrases in LinkedIn profiles throughout the world. So I am appeasing myself with sharing a list of lists that span a range of topics, from LinkedIn to love.
Here are some lists I will refer back to as 2015 unfolds. The first five are related to my professional wheelhouse—job search and LinkedIn—and the second five run the gamut on more personal topics!
- 10 Data-Driven Steps to Dominate LinkedIn Publishing. This list is a must-have for anyone publishing articles on LinkedIn. I was just reminded to publish my posts on Thursdays – and to write longer articles!
- Top 7 Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Were Making On LinkedIn. This one comes from yours truly and it’s a must-read if you didn’t catch it the first time around! You will get some good reminders here whether you’re a beginning or more advanced LinkedIn user.
- The 25 Hottest Skills of 2014 on LinkedIn. As LinkedIn opines, “If your skills fit one of the categories below, there’s a good chance you either started a new job or garnered the interest of a recruiter in the past year.”
- By the Numbers: 120 Amazing LinkedIn Statistics. This article provides a treasure trove of LinkedIn-related numbers—and a compelling argument for why every professional needs a compelling and complete LinkedIn profile!
- 14 Job Search Predictions for 2015. Fourteen career experts offer their wisdom on the 2015 career landscape in this value-packed article!
Non-Job Search Related Lists—Time-Saving Tools, Communication Tools, and More!
- The 10 Best Time-Saving Tools of 2014. I am inspired to start using some of these tools and start planning for how to use all those extra hours!
- 50 New Year’s Resolution Ideas And How To Achieve Each Of Them. This list is reassuring in that it lets me know I’m not alone in the goals I set for my life. And what great resources for achieving each of them!
- 20 Alternative Uses For Common Household Items. Did you know that petroleum jelly can keep your car doors from freezing shut and that raw honey is an antibiotic? That’s just a taste of the extremely useful tips offered in this article!
- 20 Life Skills to Keep Peace in Your Relationship. These self-awareness and communication skills will create healthy relationships with romantic partners, family and friends. I know I am doing the right thing when I see these skills improving in myself and the people around me!
- Top 100 Best Places to Live. I like this list especially because I live in the #1-ranked city – Madison, WI!! I also know that a lot of people reading this blog might be considering relocation, and lists like these are useful resources as you choose your next home.
I also want to give a mention to 25 of the Most Creative Sculptures and Statues from Around the World, sent to me by my publicist Scott Becher. I’m sharing it, well, ‘cuz it’s cool and will exercise a different part of your brain.
What’s your favorite list from 2014? Please share! I’m planning to make this an annual blog, so if you have candidates for the list as 2015 unfolds, please send them my way!