Terms of Agreement for MBA Services
Please be advised of the following terms of agreement:
- You have retained The Essay Expert LLC to work with you on your MBA Essay Set(s) and to provide guidance in the admissions process.
- You will be working with your consultant via phone and/or internet, unless explicitly arranged otherwise prior to the start of the consulting package.
- If you are dissatisfied with your consultant at any time during the service, The Essay Expert’s Customer Service can reassign me upon request. Customer service can be reached at TEESupport@TheEssayExpert.com or 718-390-6696.
Time and Scheduling Policy
- Services are provided primarily by email, with phone calls arranged as needed.
- If you schedule an appointment at a specific time and need to cancel it for any reason, please contact your consultant 24 hours in advance of the scheduled time. If you do not provide 24-hours’ notice and miss an appointment, a $50 charge will be incurred or 30 minutes will be deducted from an hourly package. Your consultant will respond to your communications within 3 business days and will return written comments within 5 business days, unless a vacation has been communicated in advance. You will be notified in advance by your consultant if he or she plans to be unavailable for a period of time longer than 3 business days (for special circumstances including business travel, vacations, etc).
- RUSH services are available if you require faster service than promised in this agreement.
- The Essay Expert LLC reserves the right to extend the deadline of your project and/or to add fees to our initial estimate in order to accommodate additional, unanticipated work or client delays that result in rush situations (requiring less than 1 week’s turnaround time). Work on any project may be delayed while additional fees are processed.
- Consultant will provide admissions consulting services for the number of schools purchased (additional schools will require a fee supplement).
- Consultant will provide feedback regarding how the intended audience will perceive your resume, application, essay sets, etc.
- Consultant will critique the content and style of your written work, and determine how to best present your experiences and accomplishments.
- Consultant will work with you to improve the quality of your essays. We do not guarantee admission to any school.
- My consultant will provide general advice if requested regarding selection of recommenders but will not intervene with my recommenders or review or advise them on their recommendations.
- I understand that it is ideal to begin working with my consultant as far in advance of my deadline as possible. The Essay Expert will not be responsible for missed deadlines.
- Upon being matched with a consultant, if I have any questions or concerns about the service, I will contact The Essay Expert at TEESupport@TheEssayExpert.com or 718-390-6696.
- I will draft, refine and finalize my own essays, and incorporate my consultant’s feedback/suggestions when appropriate. I understand that my consultant will not write my essays for me.
- I will provide feedback to my consultant to ensure my essays meet my goals and say what I want them to say.
- I am responsible for direct correspondence with my targeted schools.
- I am responsible for all communication with my selected or suggested recommenders.
- I will fill out any surveys or questionnaires sent by my consultant or by The Essay Expert as completely as possible.
- I will advise The Essay Expert of any changes in my contact information.
- I agree to conduct all financial business through The Essay Expert. I understand that my consultant is not authorized to enter into private financial agreements with me to engage in admissions consulting, and that to do so would be a violation of his/her legal agreement.
Refund Policy & Fees
- If I delay my service for 30 days or more, and wish to proceed, I understand that I will be charged any price increases that have been implemented since my initial purchase. (TEE understands that extenuating circumstances arise, but we request that you start your project within the prescribed time.)
- After six (6) months have passed, if I wish to restart your project, I understand there will be a 35% restart fee and that I must pay this fee and any price increases before my project willl proceed.
- I must arrange to start utilizing The Essay Expert’s service within one (1) year of the purchase date. If I have paid in full and do not begin the service within a year of the purchase date, I will forfeit my eligibility for a refund and will have to repurchase a package in order to start work.
- If my credit card is declined or my check returned, my service will not begin until the transaction is approved (Please note: returned checks are subject to a $25 handling fee).
- Partial refunds are available for incomplete packages for up to 30 days after date of purchase IF I do not use The Essay Expert’s services for the full number of schools that were in the package I purchased. I will call customer service to discuss details, and I understand that a $200 processing fee will be charged per unused school.
- After 30 days have elapsed since my date of purchase, I will no longer be eligible for a refund. I may choose to use my package at a future date or to transfer my package to another applicant.
We request that all essay set submissions follow a standard format that we’ve found works best for our review purposes:
- Put all the essays for one school in one MS Word document.
- Write the first question and its specified word limit on the first page, then insert a page break and write your first essay on the next page(s). Insert another page break and write down the second question and its word limit, going to the next page(s) to write your second essay. Continue in this way until you’ve completed every essay, including any optional essays, in the one MS Word document.
- Double space and use 12-point font throughout.
- For the first draft of an essay set for a school named ABC, name the Word document abc1.
- For a second draft of a school named ABC’s essay set, name the Word document abc2.
If you have any questions or concerns during this process, please address them first to your consultant, or contact Brenda Bernstein at BrendaB@TheEssayExpert.com or 718-390-6696.